HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHURCH!!!
Pentecost is the “birthday” of the church. If you’re the kind of person who gets dressed in actual clothes for Virtch, be sure to wear RED for Pentecost! We are really excited for you to see the fun Pentecost scripture video my family put together this week, plus a lot of great music.
- Here you will find our weekly “Breathing in the Scripture” piece. This week it is “Breathing in Pentecost.” It includes a neat porch craft and some powerful reflections by Karen Wagner about the tragic and needless death of Ahmaud Armery and the spirit of Pentecost .
- Here are some Faith Formation resources from Illustrated Ministries. There’s something very therapeutic about coloring flames, so I recommend these ones to you! Coloring Page Here and Children’s Bulletin Here ***We need feedback on whether or not you’re using these, because the free trial runs out this week, and we want to know if it’s worth continuing our subscription!!***
- When I shared my pain and fear related to my Gramma’s Covid-19 results, Sandie King sent me this beautiful and reassuring rendition of Shelter Me, O God, that I wanted to pass on to you.
- Today’s service includes a Faith Formation Leaders recognition, but you should also know that Rachel took potted plants to each of our FF Leaders homes on Saturday to offer gratitude!
- Thank you to the Smigelski ladies for the lovely Pentecost Decorations this Sunday!!
Here is the Worship Service…
Here’s our Family Faith Formation Video…
Here is the Pentecost Stop-Action Video if you want to watch it again or share it…
Keep an eye open for The Columns Newsletter for June, on Monday
If you don’t already subscribe to The Columns, you can do that here towards the bottom of the page. It will be full of June online events and other helpful information.
Be well, Church,
P.S. Please consider fulfilling your pledges during this time. Financial gifts are always welcome, and our church feels the call to respond to the needs around us as they arise. Financial stability allows us to do so more effectively. So, let us give generously of our time, talent, treasure to further the work of God in our community.
You can do so in the following ways:
- Writing and mailing a check to Lakewood Congregational Church, 1375 W. Clifton Blvd. Lakewood, Ohio 44107
- Texting STEWARD to 44-321
- Sending a gift through your bank’s online bill pay
- By using the donate button through Paypal for Nonprofits.
- Call the church office at (216) 221-9555 to discuss other options