Hello Church Family! We are now sharing our weekly information in this blog format, so that you’re able to share it and return to it more easily. Thank you to all who make these videos possible! It’s a labor of love and dedication, and I’m so grateful to Darren, Ben, Rachel, Karen, and so, so, so many others who make this happen each week.
Please also note the moment of recognition for our Haynes Nursery School director, Alison Yonkers, in our worship service this week. This is Alison’s last year with our program. We put together a much longer video to share with her and our Haynes families, but we knew that if we were gathered together in our sanctuary we would be inviting her forward and offering her a huge round of applause and moment of gratitude. So we tried to adapt that in the best way we could to this service.
Faith Formation Video:
Remember to check out the “In the Spotlight” videos on that same Youtube Channel to learn about some of our LCC youth!
- The bulletin is here. It is also a full transcript of the sermon.
- A reflection on Breathing in the Holy Spirit by Karen Wagner can be found here.
- A coloring sheet and worship bulletin for younger children or anyone who loves to color, from Illustrated Ministries, can be found here.
I have loved this Praise Song for the Pandemic, from The Work of the People, and may use it in a future service. But in case I don’t, I thought I’d share it here!
Finally, here are a couple of articles that I’ve enjoyed and/or appreciated this week:
- Grief For Beginners: 5 Things To Know About Processing Loss
- A charming story about a 100-Year-Old Who Raised $40 Million for U.K. Health Workers.
- Here’s a link to Brene Brown’s podcast, Unlocking Us, which I referred to a couple weeks ago. It has really been a light during this time for me.
Be well, everybody! I miss you, and yet I feel that our hearts are connected!
With Grace and Peace,
P.S. Upcoming Events for this week: Wednesday, May 20th at 7:00 we will have our Second Zoom “God in Our Lives,” this time featuring Chris Burns. Contact the church office for information about how to connect.