Welcome to Lakewood Congregational Church
In keeping with the spirit of our Mission Statement, Lakewood Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, is an Open and Affirming congregation. Wherever you are on life’s journey, we welcome you and all people of every sexual orientation, age, ability, gender identity and expression, and ethnic, economic, and racial background into the full life and ministry of our church. We declare this in the everlasting grace of the Still-Speaking God.
What do I wear?
The communion table is open to all. Communion is served on the first Sunday of each month.
10:15am Faith Formation Classes, 1st Sunday of the month is Worship for All Ages
11:00am Fellowship Hour
Free parking is available in several locations.
1. West Clifton Blvd. offers street parking on a first-come basis.
2. Handicap & non-handicap parking is available in the church parking lot which is accessible from West Clifton Blvd.
3. Additional parking is available at the Beck Center, just east of the church on Detroit Road.
4. A public parking lot is available just east of the Mark Twain Apartments next to the church.
5. Northwood Avenue offers street parking on a first-come basis.
6. Metered parking is available on Detroit Avenue. Metered parking is free after 6 pm, on holidays and weekends.
Our Church is committed to Christian education programs for all children and youth. The children and youth programs are free and available to member and non-member children. Programs include Sunday morning Nursery and Faith Formation classes and a variety of activities for youth and teens. Register your child(ren) for Faith Formation.
LCC has a paid Nursery Caregiver that watches children, infants-age 3, during worship. Parents/adults and teens also volunteer to help her each Sunday in the Nursery, playing with the children, rocking them, coloring with them, and even dancing and listening to music with them. Parents pick up their children from the nursery after worship services conclude.
10oct7:00 pmPrayer Shawl MinistryWe welcome all crafters (knitters, crocheters, loomers, etc.) to help make prayer shawls and baby blankets for our congregation. Join us for a fun evening of crafting and fellowship as we support this important LCC mission.
11nov9:00 am10:00 amSecond SaturdayWomen of all ages meet once a month on the second Saturday (easy to remember when) at 9:00 am at church for an hour of discussion, reflection and prayer. Nothing to prepare……come as you are.
14nov7:00 pmPrayer Shawl MinistryWe welcome all crafters (knitters, crocheters, loomers, etc.) to help make prayer shawls and baby blankets for our congregation. Join us for a fun evening of crafting and fellowship as we support this important LCC mission.