Join us for the 14th season of CityMusic Cleveland. Lakewood Congregational Church is proud to again host the CityMusic professional chamber orchestra that presents free concerts in neighborhoods where audience members who may have limited access to classical music.
FRIDAY, MARCH 16TH, 7:30PM
Conductor: Avner Dorman,
Soloist: Merima Kljuco, accordion
City Music Concert parking is available at the following locations:
- Lakewood Congregational Church parking lot (entrance is at the north end of the church, enter from W. Clifton)
- Street parking on W. Clifton Blvd (Rt. 237) north and south of Detroit Avenue
- Street parking along Detroit Avenue
- Lakewood municipal lot just east of The Side Quest (17900 Detroit Ave.)
- Lakewood municipal lot just west of Donatos
- Street parking on neighboring streets
(Note: metered parking is free after 6pm on weekdays, and is
free on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays)
Save the date for the remaining 2017-18 CityMusic Concert at Lakewood Congregational Church:
Friday, May 18th @ 7:30pm
The Youth Musical is looking for some LCC artists and creative types to assist with sets, props, and costumes for this year’s production of Narnia. Please contact the church office or see Michael Komperda if you are interested in lending a hand. We would love to have you as part of the Narnia Team.
Our 4th & 5th graders have been collecting items for refugee families, beginning with welcome kits last November. During the month of February, we continue to develop our relationship with the Refugee branch of Catholic Charities by collecting cleaning supplies for refugee families in the Greater Cleveland area. Look for the RED collection bin in the West Clifton hallway, and thank you for sharing your love with others this month!
- February 11th: dish soap, laundry detergent, bathroom/kitchen cleaner
- February 18th: sponges, cleaning rags, paper towels, trash bags
- February 25th: waste baskets, mops, toilet brush/plungers, broom/dustpans
The LCC Talent Show & Silent Auction to benefit the Festival Arts program is set for Saturday, March 3rd in the Social Hall. Tickets went on sale on February 4th. Buy yours before the event sells out!
Join your LCC friends for “3 Hours of Peace, Love & Music”! This big event takes many hands to be successful. Please contact the church office or Ben Malkevitch if you are able to:
- help with setup on Saturday 3/3, 9am-noon
- provide decorations for the Woodstock/1960s-themed event
- share your talent
- donate to the silent auction (tickets, themed baskets, art/photography, host a dinner party – be creative!)
- help with selling tickets
- help with cleanup immediately following
- help with auction check-out
Since 2005 the youth of Lakewood Congregational Church have participated in the Homeless Awareness Sleep-Out (HASO). They construct outdoor “homes” made out of tarps and cardboard boxes and literally sleep out on the front steps of LCC – overnight, all night. Every year in mid-January, in the snow, sleet, rain, and/or zero degree temperatures, they collect (essentially by “pan-handling”) money to donate back to The Homeless Stand-Down, Family Promise, Lott’s Creek Kentucky Community School, and the Northeast Coalition for the Homeless. Nearly $30,000 has been raised since the program first began.
The 2018 Homeless Awareness Sleep Out raised over $4000 in support of programs to assist the homeless in Greater Cleveland.
It’s not too late! Donate to the 2018 Homeless Awareness Sleep Out. On the page to confirm your donation, click on ‘Add special instructions to the seller’ and enter “HASO” in the box.